(All Photos above credited to Tourism Northern Ireland.)
We are really pleased to say that there are lots of filming locations close to Adair Arms Hotel. we are in a perfect location as a base for your Game of thrones Tour. Located in Ballymena Town Centre you can use us as your base for exploration, and with free parking you will love what we have to offer. The main hotel building is filled with character, buit in 1846. Many of our rooms have original beams and are character filled, whilst still including all modern day amenities. You are set to enjoy a journey of exploration beginning at check in!
Game of Thrones Filming Locations
1. The Dark Hedges- (Co. Antrim) (20.3 miles away) One of the most photographed pieces of nature in Northern Ireland, the Dark Hedges are used in Game of Thrones as the King’s Road leading out of King’s Landing, and are visible in several scenes throughout the series.
2. Downhill Strand (Co. Londonderry) (33.4 miles away) used for many beach scenes
3. Tollymore Forrest Park (Co. Down) (66 miles away) Used throughout the series for Woodland scenes- with its fantastic scenary, it is a great backdrop.
4. Larrybane Quarry (Co. Antrim) (30 miles away) A former quarry- you can view the surroundings from where the set had been placed.
5. Castle Ward (Co. Down) (59.4 miles away) Lots of scenes have been filmed at Castle Ward and in the buildings. Castle Ward is owned by the National Trust. You can complete Game of Thrones Tours at Castle Ward.
6. Ballintoy Harour (Co. Antrim) (29.1 miles away) used as the filming location for the Lordsport harbour on Pyke, the Iron Island that holds the castle of House Greyjoy.
7. Murlough Bay (Co. Antrim) (31.9 miles away) used as Stom's End- On Ireland's North Coast it has beautiful views
8. Carrick-a Rede Rope Bridge (Co. Antrim) (29.7 miles away) used as the cliffs of The Stormlands in Westeros in season 2
9. Glens of Antrim (Co. Antrim) (15.4 miles away) Used extensively during season 1
10. Cushendun Caves (Co. Antrim) (23 miles away) Used in season 2
11.Mourne Mountains (Co. Down) (70.4 miles away)the grasslands surrounds the Mournes have been used for filming
12. Portstewart Strand (Co. Londonderry) (31.9 miles away) used during season 5
13. Magheramorne Quarry (Co. Antrim) (29.7 miles away) used in many scenes during Game of Thrones
14. Marble Arch Caves (Co. Fermanagh) (92.4 miles) Used in Season 3
Take a look at some of the Tours that are taking place for Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones Self Guided Maps and Itinaries from Discover Northern Ireland